I am an experienced web content strategist with a demonstrated history of working in education and nonprofit industries. I have advanced skills in content management systems, writing/editing, project management, marketing, and event planning. I hold an M.Ed. from Vanderbilt University and a B.A. from Indiana University.
- Website development and quality review
- Content strategy (including social media monitoring, SEO, and web governance)
- User experience evaluation
- Project management: including timeline, budget, scope, and communication management
- Team management and leadership
- Computer software and web tool and applications
- Content management systems (including Wordpress, Drupal, Cascade’s Hannon Hill, OmniUpdate,
- Terminal 4, etc.)
- Master’s of Education, Higher Education Administration, Vanderbilt University ‘09
- Bachelor of Arts, English and Political Science, Indiana University ‘08
Content Strategist + Owner, Shorewood Studio, Chicago, IL, 2015 — Present
Shorewood Studio is a content strategy firm. We help clients create and organize the written and visual information they put out into the universe.
The type of work we've done recently includes,
- Website set-up (Squarespace and Wordpress)
- Blog writing/posting
- Microsite creation
- Website editing and formatting
- Content migration
- Image selection and optimization
- Search engine optimization
Project Manager & Quality Assurance Manager, mStoner, Inc., Chicago, IL, 2012 — 2015
- Develop and update website strategy and creative assets for 20-30 clients per year; assist these clients with implementation and launch.
- Consult on web strategies; specifically consult on user experience, usability testing design, and accessible content strategies .
- Conduct project quality reviews.
- Manage project communications, timelines, scopes, and budgets.
- Lead usability testing: write and deploy testing protocols both remotely and in person; analyze website testing results and present actionable next steps.
College Counselor, Saint John’s School, Houston, TX, 2011 — 2012
- Advise cohort of sophomores, juniors, and seniors through the college application and financial aid
- Manage and maintain college counseling website and data software.
- Plan and implement college counseling programming.
- Meet with alumni to provide transition support and/or to collect success stories.
Undergraduate Admissions Counselor, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, 2008 — 2011
- Communicate and advise prospective students and parents on the college admissions and financial aid
- Operate in a reader/recruiter model, traveling to an assigned geographic territory and evaluating
- corresponding admission applications.
- Execute on- and off-campus events for prospective students, families, and college counselors.